- 1 kg turkey breast (see note 1)
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup (250mL) dry white wine (or water)
- (optional extra 1-2 tablespoons of soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup (65mL) Honey
- 2 tablespoons (30mL) Soy Sauce
Mushroom & Rice Stuffing (see note 2)
- 1 cup cooked brown or white rice
- 1 tablespoons (40mL) olive oil
- 1/2 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 70g swiss brown mushrooms (or buton mushrooms), sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon (5mL) dried thyme leaves (1 tsp if fresh)
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped parlsey leaves
- Grated zest of half lemon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of cracked pepper (or to taste)
Green Salad (optional)
- 2 handfuls of mixed salad leaves, tough stems removed
- Sliced Onion, tomatoes, cucumber to taste.
- 1/4 cup (60mL) vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon (10mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5mL) salt
- To make stuffing, heat olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and thyme, and cook stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until onion is soft and golden and allow the mixture to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked rice, cooled onion mixture and remaining stuffing ingredients. Mix well.
- To make honey glaze, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Pre-heat your EasyCook Turbo Fry oven to 190deg.C.
- To prepare the turkey, place the turkey breast, skin side down on a board, with a long knife carefully create a pocket in the thick part of the breast. Place the stuffing inside the pocket of the turkey, and wrap in foil. (Don’t try to use all the stuffing if you have too much)
- Place turkey breast (skin side down) in a lightly oiled baking dish to fit EasyCook oven or directly in the Connoisseur Turbo Fry Oven. Roast for 35 minutes.
- Carefully remove the dish from the unit and remove the foil. Turn temperature down to 160degC. Add the wine to the baking dish and return to the oven skin side up and cook for a further 20 minutes basting the turkey frequently with the honey glaze. Make sure not to burn the glaze. Â The turkey will be cooked when juices run clear when tested with a skewer.
- When done, remove turkey from unit and loosely cover with foil and leave for 10 minutes..
- Reserve pan juices and if time permits, pop them into the freezer for 10 minutes and skim off excess fat. Add pan juices into a small saucepan and heat up, add optional soy sauce and strain into a small jug to serve separately.
(Note 1: Ask you butcher to pre-prepare this in advance, if your breast is too large – cut off the tail end off and retain for another purpose.
(Note 2: You can make this in advance and put in fridge before use.)